Sunday 28 February 2016

Good to be Me!

We reflected on the story of Noah's Ark and reminded the children that God had chosen Noah because he was such a 'good' person. 

Then we told them that there was a very special person we would like them to see, and invited them to take turns and look inside the 'mystery box' - "It's me!" (there was a mirror inside!)


We talked about how special everyone is in their own way and that we can all be proud of ourselves and our friends. We passed the 'happy' face round the group to share our thoughts and ideas:

I feel happy and proud to be me when . . . 

"I make things; I can make butterflies" (Mia)

"I keep trying and trying to climb a tree and now I can" (Oliver BH)

"I go swimming and swim without my life jacket. And when I go to baby ballet and practise my dancing" (Isabel C)

I am proud of . . . 

"My daddy - because he's fun" (Jaydn)

"Cherry - she is kind" (Georgia)

"My friend Megan - I love her!" (Theo)


The children then drew their self-portraits in their 'Good to be me!' picture frames.

We would love to hear about what you, or somebody you know has done that made you feel proud - post us a comment and let us know! 









2 comments:

  1. As a mum I felt proud of my eldest daughter, Freya helping her little sister, Mia with her numbers and letters. Freya was so patient and helpful throughout and Mia loved having her big sister helping her.
    Everyone was proud of each other.
    From Mia's mum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leo asks me if I'm proud of him when he helps me with some jobs like laying the table, he likes to be helpful and feels proud of himself when he's helping :)

    ReplyDelete