Saturday 7 May 2016

Beautiful Butterflies!

Last week we were very excited when Cherry brought us in some lovely caterpillars to look at! 
This week we have been sharing the story of 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar' and talking about the changes that caterpillars go through to finally become butterflies.

"First they go into a cocoon for two weeks, it's their home. Then they turn into a beautiful butterfly. But before they go in (the cocoon) they eat some food" (Colette)

We went outside to look for some natural resources to use to create our own beautiful butterflies . . . 
"The grass is the wings and the body is a twig"
"I got some leaves and then I got in the middle and then I get them to the side and that's how I make my wings. I found this pebble. I found these sticks to make antennae, the 
pebble is the face"
"I found these sticks - antennae, that's his body - a big stick, and these are the wings - leaves. I picked the others from the ground"

Perhaps you could create a beautiful 
butterfly too!




1 comment:

  1. I think your butterflies are beautiful nursery class! From Ella (Zoe's sister)

    ReplyDelete