Sunday 10 January 2016

Going for Goals!

As part of our Darwin Day activities this week, we have been thinking about 'Bouncebackability' and 'Going for Goals'!

We played a game where we had to try and pass the tambourine silently around the circle! 
It was very tricky, but we tried our best, and we got there in the end!

The children thought about what they are good at - and why. 
Isabelle told us -"I'm really good at I-Spy, I always play it in the car with daddy" and Caleb said "I'm very good at drawing 'cause my daddy showed me and I practised"

We talked about how some people make a New Year Resolution at this time of year, and set themselves a 'goal' to work towards. 
 The children have each made a New Year Promise based on keeping our nursery a safe and happy place to be.

Here are just a few . . .

Aisha - "I want to share the book corner so everyone can read a story"

William - "Look after the books"

Boyan - "Share the toys"

Willow - "Tidy up at tidy up time"

We are all going to help each other to keep our promises, and if we have a setback, we will help each other to think positively and show bouncebackability so that we can keep going and reach our goal!

Have you made any New Year Resolutions? we would love to hear about them. Post us a comment and let us know.  


No comments:

Post a Comment