Monday 13 June 2016

Darwin Day - Selfhelpability!

When Darwin had his theories no-one believed him. He listened to the voice inside himself that told him he was right and encouraged him to change peoples and his own thinking.
Our Darwin voice can do the same for us!

We talked to the children about how they are now very good at knowing how to take turns and the way in which they are kind and helpful, and how important it is for them to always try their best - but reminded them that they haven't always been able to do these things!

They took turns to pass the 'Happy Face' around the circle and tell each other something positive about the way in which they have changed since starting Nursery that they are proud of . . . 

  Oliver BH - "I couldn't do pictures, 
but now I can!"

Leyla - "I remember letters!"

Megan - "I can tidy up now and not 
when I was little!"

After congratulating the children on their achievements, and playing 'have a hug' to celebrate, we introduced them to our two new friends - Clarine and Leroy . . . 


They are going to be starting school soon, just like the children are going to be joining their new Reception classes. 





The puppets are excited, but they have also been feeling a little bit unsure about the change. 



The children took turns to pass the 'Worried Face' around the circle and were invited to share any concerns that they may have about this future change themselves . . . 
Willow - "I'm a bit worried cause there might be big boys and girls"

Georgia - "I will miss you"

We talked about how we could use 'selfhelpability' to help ourselves feel better . . . 

Aisha - "I like all my friends at Nursery and I don't want to leave them, but I could play with other people and I could make friends with them"

Oliver L - "My other friends can still come to my house to play and to have tea!"

We reminded the children again of the positive changes they have been able to achieve in Nursery and reassured them that with 'selfhelpability' they will be able to cope with all the new challenges ahead and continue to be very happy as they move through to the next stage of their learning journey!

How have you or someone you know, been able to show 'selfhelpability'? - post us a comment and let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment